The wine red leaves of the Burgundy Rubber Tree are a sight to behold. Their large, ovular, shiny topside is complimented by its deep red underside.
On average, these plants grow to be 8 feet tall.
These plants are mildly toxic to humans and pets, and should never be ingested under any circumstances.
- This plant prefers bright, indirect sunlight. If placing indoors, a southern facing window is optimal.
- Water regularly, allowing the soil to dry between sessions.
- Anything between 60° F to 75° is optimal, the warmer the better.
- Medium to high levels of humidity allow this plant to thrive.
- Rich, bark/peat based soils that are lightweight are optimal. It should be able to retain moisture, but not hold water.
- Give a gentle fertilizer weekly.
- When the roots appear to have filled the bottom of the pot, it is time to upgrade. This usually occurs once every 1-2 years.