The elliptic green leaves of the Calathea Roseopicta display pinkish colored stripes from the midrib that contrast with the dark green of it's surroundings.
On average, these plants grow to be 2 feet tall.
These plants non-toxic to pets.
- This plant prefers bright, indirect sunlight. If placing indoors, a southern facing window is optimal.
- Regularly water the plant, allowing it to fully dry out before proceeding to water again.
- Anything between 60°F to 75°F is optimal, the warmer the better.
- Medium to high levels of humidity allow this plant to thrive, somewhere within the 60% range being preferred.
- Rich, bark/peat based soils that are lightweight are optimal. It should be able to retain moisture, but not hold water.
- Give a water-soluble succulent fertilizer twice a month from April to August.
- Repot every two years, or as needed.