The leaves of the Calathea Sanguinea are deep green, and accentuated by its deep red underbelly.
On average, these plants grow to be 2 feet tall.
These plants are non-toxic to pets.
- This plant prefers bright, indirect sunlight. If placing indoors, a southern facing window is optimal.
- Regularly water the plant, allowing it to fully dry out before proceeding to water again.
- Anything between 60°F to 75°F is optimal, the warmer the better.
- Medium to high levels of humidity allow this plant to thrive, somewhere within the 60% range being preferred.
- Rich, bark/peat based soils that are lightweight are optimal. It should be able to retain moisture, but not hold water.
- Give a water-soluble succulent fertilizer twice a month from April to August.
- Repot every two years, or as needed.