The foliage of the Fittonia is characterized by its small, veined leaves of many variegations. Among them, the red and white remain the most popular due to their vibrance.
On average, these plants grow to be 6 inches tall.
These plants are non-toxic to humans and pets, but should never be ingested under any circumstances.
- This plant prefers bright, indirect sunlight. If placing indoors, a southern facing window is optimal.
- Regularly water the plant, keeping its top inch moist at all times. In addition, mist regularly as well with room temperature water.
- Temperatures of around 70°F are optimal for growth.
- Medium to high levels of humidity allow this plant to thrive
- Rich, bark/peat based soils that are lightweight are optimal. It should be able to retain moisture, but not hold water.
- Give a weak water-soluble fertilizer weekly from April to August.
- When the roots appear to have filled the bottom of the pot, it is time to upgrade.