The foliage of the Emerald Gem is large, dark green, and semi heart-shaped.
On average, these plants grow to be 3 feet tall.
These plants are toxic to humans and pets, and should never be ingested under any circumstances.
- This plant prefers bright, indirect sunlight. If placing indoors, a southern facing window is optimal.
- Regularly water the plant, allowing it to fully dry out before proceeding to water again.
- Anything between 60° F to 75° is optimal, the warmer the better.
- Medium to high levels of humidity allow this plant to thrive
- Rich, bark/peat based soils that are lightweight are optimal. It should be able to retain moisture, but not hold water.
- Give a water-soluble fertilizer twice a month from April to August.
- When the roots appear to have filled the bottom of the pot, it is time to upgrade.