Much like the name suggests, the ponytail palm resembles the loose strands of hair present in the ponytail hairstyle.
On average, these plants grow to be 3 feet tall.
These plants are non-toxic.
- This plant prefers bright, indirect sunlight. If placing indoors, a southern facing window is optimal.
- The plant is highly sensitive to overwatering, allow it to dry out before proceeding to water again.
- Anything between 68° F to 80°F is optimal, the warmer the better.
- Medium to high levels of humidity allow this plant to thrive
- Rich, bark/peat based soils that are lightweight are optimal. It should be able to retain moisture, but not hold water.
- Give a water-soluble succulent fertilizer twice during the growth season.
- Depending on the speed of growth, the plant may need to be repotted every other year. Some can go much longer.