The Staghorn Fern is simply stunning. Its large, dark leaves that grow in every direction look more sculpture-like than natural.
On average, these plants grow to be 3 feet tall.
These plants are non-toxic to humans and pets, but should never be ingested under any circumstances.
- This plant prefers bright, indirect sunlight. If placing indoors, a southern facing window is optimal.
- Regularly water the plant, allowing it to fully dry out before proceeding to water again.
- Anything above 50°F will allow the plant to live, the warmer the better.
- Medium to high levels of humidity allow this plant to thrive
- Rich, bark/peat based soils that are lightweight are optimal. It should be able to retain moisture, but not hold water.
- Give a diluted liquid fertilizer throughout the growing season.
- Repot every two years into a pot slightly larger than its last.