The foliage of the String of Bananas is exactly as the name suggests; bananas on a string. Together, the countless strands of green bananas create a style unique to this plant.
On average, these plants grow to hang 5 feet!
These plants are mildly toxic to humans and pets, and should never be ingested under any circumstances.
- This plant prefers bright, indirect sunlight. If placing indoors, a southern facing window is optimal.
- Water every two weeks, as these plants are extremely prone to overwatering.
- Anything between 70° F to 80°F is optimal during the summer, however, temperatures of 55°F and 60°F is optimal for winter.
- Medium to high levels of humidity allow this plant to thrive
- Rich, bark/peat based soils that are lightweight are optimal. It should be able to retain moisture, but not hold water.
- These plants don't require fertilizer in the winter seasons, and only need it every 2-4 weeks during growth season.
- When the roots appear to have filled the bottom of the pot, it is time to upgrade.