This starter plant is aprox. 6 inches in length
Euphorbia ammak variegata, commonly known as Variegated Desert Candle or Variegated African Candelabra, is a striking succulent plant that belongs to the Euphorbiaceae family. Taking care of this plant involves providing the right conditions for its growth and avoiding common issues. Here are some general guidelines for the care of Euphorbia ammak variegata:
- Euphorbia ammak variegata prefers bright, indirect sunlight. Place it in a location where it receives at least 6-8 hours of sunlight per day.
- Protect the plant from intense, direct sunlight, especially during the hottest part of the day, as it may scorch the leaves.
- These succulents thrive in warm temperatures. Keep them in an environment where the temperature stays between 65°F to 75°F (18°C to 24°C) during the day and not lower than 50°F (10°C) at night.
- Allow the soil to dry out completely between waterings. Overwatering is a common issue with succulents and can lead to root rot.
- Water sparingly, especially during the winter months when the plant is in a dormant phase. Reduce watering frequency during this time.
- Use a well-draining succulent or cactus mix. A mix that includes perlite or sand will help prevent waterlogging and promote good drainage.
- Fertilize sparingly, especially during the growing season (spring and summer). Use a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer diluted to half-strength every 4-6 weeks.
- Avoid fertilizing during the dormant period in winter.